Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Haha, friends? What are those?



August 11th
You know, I still find it crazy that we have lived in our town for 3 years, and have managed to make only one acquaintance/friend. And that was almost by accident! Finding people to hang out with and meet new people is hard after college! We still hang out with family quite often (which is fantastic, don't get me wrong), but other than that, I can count on one paw how many other people we hang out with. However, lately we’ve been getting involved in our local library. It’s a great place to meet people, and socialize, and libraries are always running events for various age groups. We have been attending a board game night which has been fabulous! That’s where we met our acquaintance from actually. We’ve managed to have a couple of hangouts during the summer which has been nice. Our church has moved further away, making it harder to attend, and while I like our church, it may be time to try out a few smaller churches to see if we can meet anyone. On the plus side, with libraries, there are friends on every shelf, so even if we don’t meet anyone, we still can check one out and take it home with us. J An added bonus, if you meet someone in the library, you know you already have one thing in common!

Any thoughts / ideas for meeting new people?

1 comment:

Scamper said...

I met my publisher in a bar during a brawl. I met my first friend while losing control of my bike and falling into a pongo, i mean a pond. I met my boss when he asked me how much I knew about the dirty laundry I shared the backseat with.

morale of the story: you never know who you might meet, and when. Be prepared - constant Vigilance!