Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Luck (and how to find it)

Good Morrow all ye chaps and chapesses:
With Halloween falling on Friday the 31st (read Friday the 13th), it is important to remember how to steer clear of bad luck, and create enough good luck to survive the day. As a side note, I will be backing cookies while typing this *pulls out ingredients. Salt shaker falls on the floor*. First of all, lets go over all the good luck charms we can come by in an average household. These charms will help to ward away the bad luck *begins adding ingredients to the bowl. drops an egg by accident. Black cat begins sampling the egg*. Here are a few things you may have around your house. Mirrors are good luck, they bring out your charm, and beauty. Try breaking an older mirror. Having lots of mirror shards increases your good luck! *finishes adding ingredients, and begins to mix the bowl. A dishcloth falls on the floor, meanwhile, the black cat begins taking a nap on the table*. As I was saying, other good luck charms can include umbrella decorations in  your home. The larger the umbrella, the better. Also, having birds as pets can bring good luck. I recommend Ravens. They make great company, and always have a great story to tell. *Cookie dough is done, I begin "lightly" sampling the dough. A picture frame falls off the wall* Ahem! 2 Dollar bills can be good luck, as well as a ladder near your door. I know, people have the silliest superstitions. Oh well, *places ladder near the door*. It can't hurt, right? Finally, opals are known to bring good luck to people, especially if it is not your birthstone. Get opals, and hang them up all over the place. I don't have any opals myself, so I just hang rocks from the ceiling. *what's left of the cookie dough gets placed in the oven. The black cat wakes up and begins licking the bowl*. Well, that's all for now. Good luck surviving Friday the 31st (read Friday the 13th).


On an unrelated note, things are going quite well, if rather busy. I have 4 long days this week to stay caught up with work, and life in general. I am enjoying hanging out with friends and family these past few weeks, and very excited about the weather and the turning of the seasons! I may be doing a murder mystery night this weekend, and would love to do a second one later in November if anyone is interested. :) What else? Christmas is looming closer, as is Thanksgiving and I'm excited to see everyone. Finally, I wish I had a pet, but our apt. is a little strict on the matter. Maybe a betafish? Well, the cat would probably eat it. :P


That's all for now,
*Woof!*


-oh, I was trying to add a subscribe button on the top left of my blog. Let me know if it works!

2 comments:

Scamper said...

Says the sheepdog with 1 hundred rabbit's foots, 2 pounds of garlic, (Costco sized) and no shortage of 'dumb' luck.

But hey, I got a red headed Growlithe, more luck needed - I think not.

Scamper said...

nope, the subscribe button didn't work :(