Saturday, November 14, 2015

Saturday!!

It's been a good lazy Saturday. :) Some days its nice just to kick back and relax. Don't forget to take one now and again. Today I made an Apple Pie, watched Indiana Jones, (classic movie, its totally worth watching) and worked a bit on some mathematics. Maybe that's why I don't plan to include math in this post, because I'm mathed out for the moment. :)

In absence of math, I hope you enjoy the following*
According to tradition, Albert Einstein came up with this riddle when he was a child. While it may not pass as a riddle in the real sense, it still manages to measure one’s focus and intellect.

Riddle: There are 5 houses that have 5 occupants. Each occupant’s house is differently colored. The houses also have different choice of beverages, different cigarette brands, and a unique pet. Your goal is to figure out which occupant owns the fish.
Here is more information:
  • An Englishman resides in a red house
  • The Dane drinks tea
  • Dogs are kept by the Swede
  • The green house is left to the white house
  • The occupant of the green house drinks coffee
  • The birds are kept by the Pall Mall smoker
  • The Dunhill smoker lives in the yellow house
  • The milk is drunk by the man living in the center house
  • The first houses’ occupant is Norwegian
  • The blend smoker’s neighbor keeps cats
  • The horse keeper and the Dunhill smoker live next to each other
  • The German smokes Prince
  • The Norwegian lives right next to the blue house
  • The blend smoker’s neighbor drinks water.

    *Shamelessly stolen from: http://www.enkivillage.com/famous-riddles.html **
    **Since this was cited, it wasn't stolen***
    ***Stop reading my footnotes and try to solve the problem!****
    ****And no peeking at the answer!*****
    *****I bet you didn't know the answer was on the website until I said no peeking******
    ******Okay, I'm done with my footnotes now*^7
    *^7This isn't even how to make a footnote is it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The German owns fish! I have a pretty chart that I color-coded and everything. *feels silly* Still, I figured it out. It was like Sudoku!

Sheepdog said...

Wow! I am very impressed! It took me a good 1.5 hours to figure it out, and 3 sheets of notebook paper. :P

Unknown said...

I was right? Yay! :D