Monday, June 3, 2013

math?

So, (woof) I can see my master never did get back to his silly mathematics post about integration. I shall take over for him and teach you my way. :)

Integration is just a fancy word for a grassy hill in the sunshine. Yep, that's all it is. A grassy hill. I happen to be laying down, enjoying the green grass, and slightly cloud covered sky when I begin to think. Dangerous pasttime eh? I begin to wonder if there are any dwarves living under this hill of mine. Heavens to goodness I would hate to be interrupting some mining excavation of grave importance. Then I realize it could just as easily be a goblin horde beneath me. How many are there? I ask myself. Well, that depends on how large the area is, and how many nasty goblins would fit in an area that size. Now I'm no great shakes at math, so I make a rough guestamate. The hill is about an average hill, that is no bumps or strange curves. Let us assume a "bell-curve" sort of like that liberty bell you humans go to gawp at.


If I break that hill into large rectangles, well at least I can figure out that area. lets see, one side of the hill is about 15 feet tall, the middle about 30 feet, and the other side about 15 feet. lets see, that is umm, 60 feet in all? yeah, must be it. then we need to find the area in sq feet of the hill. umm, about 100 feet wide and 100 feet long. thats umm... 600,000 cubic feet, that can hold a lot of goblins! this is about 5 average sized houses. Oh? what does this have to do with integration? um, i dunno. but its a practical problim isn't it? I think I will move to somewhere else.

Ooh, that hill has a nice round green door in the center. Maybe I can stop off for some coffee. What's this? Burgler for hire, wants good adventure and plenty of excitement. We'll at least the place seems to have an interesting story ahead...

No comments: