Tuesday, May 7, 2013

memory

I'm losing my mind! Ack! Yip, yip. I seem to be spending so much time learning at work, and in memorizing things, that I am always forgetting things. Ask Katie, I seem to forget anything that's not nailed down. :P Yet on the other hand, I can quote entire sections of movies (such as below) without a quip.

"In many ways the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer their work to our judgment.We thrive on negative criticism which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face is that the average piece of junk is probably worth more than our criticism designating it so. There are times when a critic risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talents, new creations. The new needs friends.


Last night I experienced something new. An extraordinary meal, prepared by a singularly unexpected source. To say that the meal and it's maker challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. they have rocked me to my core. In the past I have made no secret of my disdain for Gusto's famous motto "Anyone can Cook". I realize only now what he meant by it. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. It is difficult to imagine a more humble origin than the genius working at Gusto's  who is in this critics opinion nothing less than the finest chef in france. I shall return soon, hungry for more. "

I suppose that I need to just spend more time laying in the grass staring at the clouds, and let my crowded mind have some peace and quiet. Well, I've been doing that a bit the last few days only around a pool (humans are so noisy though!) and it's been helpful for my thinking. For example, I noticed all the hair in my eyes. I am a sheepdog after all, but maybe its time for a bit of a trim. woof!

No comments: