Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Numenera #2



Numenera Starts!
Good Afternoon my loyal readers!

Late March, you may have seen a post in regards to our new rpg game centering around a circus. Well just last Sunday we had our first session with our new characters, and I must say, it went great! My new character is a little tricky to play, as my nature is somewhat contradictory to his, but that will make him all the more fun to play I think. He is a little rash, a perfectionist, and appears to be now leading a circus. Here is his first journal entry:

3rd Circus Day 1. After 6 months traveling and looking for a lead role in a circus, I have stumbled across a small circus hailing from the city of Nilesh, about 200 miles south of Draolis. I have been traveling with 2 circuses before finding this one. Both were reluctant to allow me a greater role in their leadership. I did however, enjoy the actor's company. Especially Swarq. I shall miss her violin playing skills. And Sharg. His fire breathing display was something to behold. His temper often got the better of him though. He was at times hard to work with.

Got to meet our benefactor/sponsor Gayv-oreth this evening. He looks just like Jabba the Hut! Whoever that is. Seems to be jolly, and easy to please. I am thankful for that, for he asked me to perform on the spot as the Ringleader!! I was ecstatic, but very flustered. I do not do well under pressure, and am very much a perfectionist. I fell on my face so to speak, my improtu comedy act was a failure, I didn't know the abilities of my performers, and did not know how to arrange the acts. It came off okay though, Gayv-oreth seemed to approve and that's what matters. I am looking forward to proving to him conclusively that I am well-qualified for the job, and plan to put forth all my effort into getting this circus into shape. I do not know if this circus is the one I want to use to bring glory back to my homeland, but this is the only one I have found that will give me a ringleader position.
So far I have met Marbel, who performs feats of strength, Rain, in charge of animals, Layla, a fortune teller of whom I know little, and the magician. The last seems a little unbalanced, but talented magician's are rare to find. I shall have to learn to work with him.
I must cut this short as I need to see to the rest of the circus...

We meet again in a week! I look forward to keeping you all updated. That’s all for now! Ta’

~Sheepdog~

No comments: