Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Looooong update

Whew! It's been rather hot this summer, too much running around and not enough lakes and streams to cool down! While my master has been slaving away, and "claiming" to be trying to catch up on sleep, I have been doing all those wonderful summery things that all dogs should be doing. I've read books, laying out on the grass, using my paws of course! Ever tried turning pages with your nose? Quite difficult, quite difficult indeed. In between my book spells, I have been walking myself around the park, and taking long naps in the sun. Highly recommended for all! Oh! The other day I ran through a cornfield, creating what humans call a crop circle. I do this to confuse them of course. :) Halloween is beginning to pop up in stores, and soon will be the first holiday of the new school year! Not counting labor day of course. I am rather excited about Halloween this year, as my master lives in an apartment complex, and we see/meet all the kids in costumes! The last two or three years we have had candy all ready and almost no visitors. :(
But that's okay, we got to *burp* eat all the candy! However I am sure there will be a lot less leftover this year. ;) We have found some fun ideas to decorate the place, not too scary, so we don't spook anyone. We've had some stressful days mixed in, but I made them both cookies when they were out, and set out some good books and quiet music. Always helps to have a sheepdog around the house doesn't it?

I do hope summer will end soon however, my fur is getting longer and probably should be cut. Besides which, I am looking forward to some of those fall and wintery treats my masters make. Pies, Stews, Soups, hobbit food, and tea and hot chocolate! Yessir, this should be an enjoyable holiday season!

As to the stress, mainly life has been moving at too fast a rate. Summer rather skipped along like a stone on the water, my master's have had very little time off. They got a nice 4 day weekend, and a few day trips here and there. They also had a great anniversary at the beach, but both are looking forward to more time off together. I believe they have a beach trip coming up in the fall, and I'll be stuck here babysitting the rabbits, what fun. :P Well, so long as they don't have another one of their crazier than crazy parties I think I can put up with it. Last time took a full cleaning crew, some people from the hardware store, and an electrician. But that's in the past. (just kidding by the way!).

Scruffy has been replaced with a new car, still looking for the right name for it. We were thinking Old silver, or silver bullet, but those don't quite fit. At any rate, it's in the shop getting some maint. done and some new tires. The car is a full sized Mitsubishi, with quite a few extras, and runs very smooth.

There are more updates, but they shall have to be in a secondary blog. Sorry!

As always,
Woof!
Sheepdog

1 comment:

theskett said...

Yes, I would say the fur is getting a bit long.
Perhaps you should all come to the beach, then you wouldn't be stuck home babysitting the rabbits. :-)
As to the fall treats - sounds good to me!